Adjunct Fisheries Professor
Owner BK-Riverfish, LLC
I am a migratory fish behaviorist who consults on conservation, research, and fish passage for migratory fish in Brazil, Romania, China, and North America. My business has a hydraulic lab in Erving, MA, where my son and I conduct research on fish behavior and R&D on fish passage (see website). Outside of work, I garden, hike, bike, and travel the world when I can.
Migratory fish behavior
- R&D to develop a new fish ladder for diverse riverine & diadromous fishes of N. America.
- Research on behavior of migratory Brazilian fish in a model vertical slot fish ladder.
- Research and conservation on sturgeons in the Rioni R., Georgia.
- Conservation and fish passage of migratory fish in the Savannah R., Georgia.
- Research on effect of the Chesterfield Power Plant on Atlantic sturgeon in the James R., VA.
- Installation and research on a new type of fish ladder for diverse riverine fishes at Fawell Dam, West DuPage R., Illinois. 7) Nesting behavior of sea lamprey in the Fort R., MA.
- Previous–Biology and management of anadromous fish
- Previous–Ecological genetics of fish
PhD – University of Washington, College of Fisheries, Seattle
MS Zoology – Mississippi State University
BS Biology – Millsaps College
Over 150 journal papers and one book. See full list of publications on Researchgate.