Students are encouraged to seek out research experience while pursuing their undergraduate degree. Students desiring a research experience should review the list of faculty research projects provided below and see what opportunities are available. Students must contact faculty directly to express their interest and get more information. Students may earn academic credit for their research experience. Some of these research opportunities are paid positions. Read each posting carefully to see what compensation is available.

Basic Instructions:
1) Student should review list of available projects below, and then contact faculty members directly to learn more about project expectations and qualifications (if any) that are needed. Students must provide the following information with their inquiry:
*Student name, class year, GPA, list of any relevant course work completed, number of hours available to work on project each week; specific skills/experience/training/availability required for the project based on the advertisement listed here. Indicate “SUMMER RESEARCH INTERN” in the subject line of your email.

2) To earn academic credit, an ENVSCI Independent Study contract must be completed and signed by both the student and the sponsoring faculty member. This form is available on-line at .
Instructions for completing the form are provided on-line within the same document link. Please note that all Independent Study projects (ENVIRSCI 296, 396, 496) must be letter graded. Student can choose to enroll in Internship/Practicum credits (ENVIRSCI 298, 398, 498), but these courses are mandatory Pass/Fail.

3) To enroll for SUMMER Credits, the completed Independent Study Contract must be delivered to the ENVSCI Program Office at 310 Holdsworth Hall before the end of the Spring semester. Additional paperwork is required to enroll through Continuing & Professional Education for Summer credits. You will be guided
through this process. Please note that there is an additional tuition cost for enrolling in summer credits. (Note: It may be possible to roll-over some academic credit into the Fall term, depending on what follow-up written report might be required and when this work is conducted)

Please see Available Faculty Summer Research Projects