Subscribe to ECo News  |  Sitemap  |

Campus recreational facilities


Do I need a membership to use the recreational facilities?

YES. Graduate students need a membership to access the sports and recreation facilities, participate in Fitness and Wellness programs, and intramurals

Your UCard is used as a membership ID

The fee for Graduate Students is $40.00 per semester (subject to change). There are additional fees to participate in the Fitness and Wellness Programs (Yoga, Cardio blast, Kickboxing, etc.)

Where do I purchase a membership?

Campus Recreation office in 215 Boyden

What fitness facilities are available?

  • Fitness centers (Boyden and Totman)
  • Pools (Boyden, Totman and Hicks)
  • Gymnasiums (Boyden and Totman)
  • Squash and handball courts (Boyden)
  • Tennis courts (Behind Mullin Center)

Totman is the closest facility to Holdsworth. The recreation gym is small, but there a second up-and-coming gym facility run by the Kinesiology Department called the Body Shop. It costs a little more but may be worth it to avoid crowding. It also has newer equipment. Boyden has more facilities including squash courts and is where many of the drop in classes are ($1 each) which include aerobics and pilates.

Page updated: September 26, 2008